We believe that spending quality time with family is at the heart of the Thanksgiving holiday season. While dining with us at Bettolino Kitchen is always a treat, we believe in the power of creating special moments at home.
To make your Thanksgiving break fun and memorable, we’ve put together a list of five of our favorite family-friendly activities that you can enjoy together in the comfort of your own home.
Thanksgiving Break Activities
- Thanksgiving Cooking Challenge: Turn your kitchen into a culinary battleground with a family cooking challenge! Assign teams or individuals to prepare dishes using specific ingredients, or have a “Chopped”-style competition where family members create a meal using surprise ingredients. And if the meals don’t turn out quite as expected, we’re always here to save the day with our takeout menu!
- Family Photo Day: Dedicate a day to capturing precious family moments through photography. Assign each family member a camera or smartphone and encourage them to take photos throughout the day. Later, compile the pictures into a family photo album or digital slideshow. It’s a fun way to document your Thanksgiving break and reminisce about the special moments you shared.
- Story Time: This is for families looking to detach their kids from the screens for a day! Build a backyard fire or an indoor blanket fort, and take turns sharing family stories. Whether it’s funny childhood memories or sharing tales of relatives from the past, storytelling is a wonderful way to connect with your family’s history and create new stories together.
- Outdoor Adventure Challenge: If you’re hosting a large group of family members, you’ll love this idea! Plan a series of outdoor challenges for your family in your backyard or a nearby park. Activities could include a sack race, a three-legged race, a water balloon toss, or a nature scavenger hunt. We guarantee you’ll be laughing together for hours.
- Gratitude Tree: No Thanksgiving is complete without a way to share what you’re grateful for. Set up a gratitude tree in your home using craft supplies like construction paper, markers, and twigs from your yard. Each family member can write down something they’re thankful for on a leaf-shaped piece of paper and attach it to the tree. Watching the tree fill up with leaves throughout the week will make the whole family feel grateful.
Feeling the Thanksgiving Break Stress? Let Us Help!
If the idea of activities, cooking, and more are getting in the way of enjoying the holiday season to the fullest, let us help! Our 2023 Friendsgiving Bundle includes everything but the turkey for a delicious and simple Thanksgiving dinner. Pre-orders are available now through Monday, November 20th.