One of the most special things about autumn is the opportunity to share a favorite Thanksgiving recipe with the people you care most about. Food is our love language, and that means that this time of the year we are bursting with love!
Thanksgiving Recipe: Butternut Squash Ravioli
Here’s our favorite fall pasta to serve up when it’s time to gather around the table to give thanks. This recipe will make 60 ravioli, which is plenty to go around for your holiday dinner. Give it a try with your family, and tag us in your photo on Instagram to let us know how it goes!
For the Pasta Dough:
- 1.1 lb. “00” flour
- 8 oz. egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- .5 oz. salt
- .5 oz. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
For the Butternut Squash Filling:
- 15 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and seeded
- 4 lb. mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 lb. parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. sugar
- 2 oz. minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peeled and seeded butternut squash into 1-inch pieces. Place it on a baking sheet, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- While the squash is baking, place all the ingredients for the pasta dough in a mixer. Knead with the hook attachment for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Once the squash is cooled, place it in a food processor and puree well.
- Pour the squash into a large bowl with the mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, and sugar. Mix well.
- Roll out the pasta dough as thin as possible.
- Using a cookie cutter or upside-down glass, cut circles into the dough.
- Place a half-dollar sized dollop of the butternut squash filling onto the cut pasta circles.
- Fold the dough in half over the filling to form a half moon shape, then use a fork to gently press into the edges around the dough to seal it.
- Gently add the pasta to boiling water and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the water and serve with your favorite sauce.
Order The 2023 Friendsgiving Bundle
If you need a little help in the kitchen during the holidays, we’re here for you! Check out our catering-sized dishes to feed the family. Or grab one of our 2023 Friendsgiving Bundles which includes everything but the turkey at a discounted price!
Place your order today and let us do the hard work so you can enjoy more time with loved ones!